Worcester Habitat for Humanity Achieves “20 Families in 20 Years” Campaign
(BERLIN, MD) – Habitat for Humanity of Worcester County, Inc. (HFHWC) announces it has reached the goal of 20 homes for the affiliates 2015 20th Anniversary. The “20 Families in 20 Years” appeal was a multifaceted campaign that raised awareness and funding, created partnerships with
area businesses and other nonprofits, and qualified partner families for an additional four home projects.
“This campaign enabled our Habitat affiliate to extend our reach into the community like never before. Instead of the objective being one new build
per year, this campaign goal included critical repair and rehab projects for existing homeowners, “ explained Executive Director, Andrea Bowland.
On average, HFHWC assists families in Worcester County who earn between $22,300 - $43,860, or 30% - 60% of the median income. Work is completed
in part through a combination of volunteer labor, family “sweat equity” hours, and community and business support, keeping the construction
costs lower. Families then pay back the cost to build or complete repairs at 0% interest loans.
“The ’20 Families in 20 Years’ appeal brought together all the core elements of Habitat’s mission – building homes and enabling the dream of homeownership
empowers families. Stabilizing existing homes through critical repairs makes them safe and revitalizes neighborhoods. Support from volunteers
and businesses strengthens the community,” said Bowland.
Businesses interested in sponsoring an upcoming home project or event, those interested in volunteering, and families who wish to become partners
for builds or repair projects are encouraged to email email@example.com for more
Join us in supporting your local community where it matters most… at home.
- Habitat provides permanent housing solutions for hardworking Worcester County families through builds from the ground up for new homeowners
and critical home repairs for existing homeowners.
- New houses and repairs aren’t free! Partner families pay back the costs to build through 0% interest loans. “Sweat equity” means that all families
help build or repair their own homes.
- Business sponsorships, community partnerships, and donations from people like you help us raise funds; volunteer labor helps to get the job
- We assist families who on average earn $22,300 - $43,860 (for a family of 4).
How You Can Help…
- Our goal is to partner with 4 more Worcester County families by March 2015!
- If you have a need for permanent housing or a critical home repair and earn between $22,300 - $43,860, visit habitatworcester.org to find out
if you qualify.
- Talk to your employees about the Habitat homeownership and home repair programs
- Partner with us to sponsor an event or a build
- Host a “Habitat Day” and donate a portion of your profits
- Have a team building day and volunteer
- Donate – supplies, time, or money
- Support – by attending events
- Advocate – spread the word!
It Takes a Community to Build a Village
Find us on Facebook to keep up to date on events